Pages

September 16, 2010

Philosophy of a Bartender

I work in a BAR...

actually 2 different bars...


one's in a "trendy" area populated

with mostly young professionals.


The OTHER in a neighborhood of...

no disrespect intended...

less "ambitious" residents...just the way it is.


Very different worlds...

very different customers.


You learn to adjust...you learn to wear differnt HATS.


To be perfectly honest...


I'm a GOOD listener...

an AWESOME bartender...

I live to talk about and share...

WISDOM...


and...I admit it took me a long time to realize

that I was not BORN to solve...

everybody's problems!!


What a REVELATION!!


When someone is trying to "rattle" your cage...drunk on their own EGOS...

proclaiming what they think they know...without regard to how you FEEL...

or what you THINK...remember these TWO LITTLE WORDS...


ACCESS DENIED


and set yourself  FREE of their drama!


You're ALLOWED to walk away...

YOU are allowed to say...

"Sorry...I don't go there"

and when they get REAL pushy...


"I WILL NOT participate in this discussion!"


Always KINDLY...never make anyone wrong...

always CALM and SURE of yourself....

YOU just SMILE and walk away!!


No explanation neccessary :)


It never ceases to AMAZE me...

the amount of CRAP some people tolerate...

in OTHER people...then whine and COMPLAIN and judge them...

til the cows come home!!



When a visibly DRUNK and aggressive person walks into...

MY BAR...my space...

I smile and say...

"You and I both know...you've had enough to drink...

you won't be served today and you WILL thank me...

in the morning...access denied!!"


9 times outta 10...

they giggle..

they AGREE with me and...

they RESPECT me!!



When YOU learn to be flexible and adjust to the MOMENT....

without compromising....WHAT YOU STAND FOR...

when you learn to walk away from what does not serve you...

...it's all EASE + flow and a BLESSING!


It works in a BAR...

it works for YOU in your BUSINESS and...

it works in your LIFE!


TIME to take a good HARD look at...

what types of people...

with their opinions and DOUBT...

you've been allowing into your environment....


quietly BLESS them and send them on their way!!


The REALITY is this...


you OPEN up the space for the people....

you were MEANT to help...to come into your life.


IT works like MAGIC :)


Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment